We are a grassroots community organisation dedicated to improving the health, education, human welfare, and opportunities for women living with reproductive health problems.
“We will support women with their reproductive health and well being. We will achieve this by providing a safe and confidential space for women to access advice and support, whilst educating the community about reproductive health.”
We want too
- Educate the public about reproductive health
- Support women with their diagnosis, empowering them to make informed choices about their health
- Encourage and support research into these issues
- Challenge the societal and cultural norms surrounding reproductive health
Cysters are ready to register as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO). As such, we are recruiting a Board of Trustees to help us continue our support and be part of our future projects.
We have been lucky enough to be granted a small grant from the Big Lottery through the School of Social Entrepreneurs in association with Lloyds bank which will also be important to our registration.
We are looking for a diverse range of individuals with a variety of skill sets to form the Board of Trustees. The initial term will be for two years.
We expect Trustees to contribute actively to the Board by setting and maintaining strategic direction; setting overall policy; defining goals and setting targets; fundraising, evaluating performance; ensuring the charity’s effective and efficient administration and financial stability; ensuring compliance with the law; and promotion of Cysters and our future projects.
There is no need to have trustee experience to apply. However, an interest in the promotion of the ethos behind Cysters is necessary.
Cysters are particularly keen to recruit Trustees both as individuals and from organisations with skills and experience in the following areas:-
- Charity Governance
- Business Development
- NHS and Clinical Leads
- Attend and contribute Board meetings
- Fulfilling administrative and legal requirements
- Support with Bid Writing
- Support with organising the cash flow and accounts for Cysters
- Support in collecting and putting together our White Papers
- Until staff can be hired, exhibitions and events management
Our volunteers are committed to the ethos of Cysters.
We have values which help us do this:
- We have integrity
- We are culturally sensitive
- We can be trusted
- We are a caring organisation
- We are non–discriminatory
- We celebrate our differences
- We are approachable
- We are empathetic
- We are respectful
- We are empowering
- We are challenging
- We believe in the value of partnership and collaboration
How to apply: Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form, please also send us a cover letter detailing why you want to be a trustee.
You will be informed of the outcome via email.